Since our founding in 2001, Alarm Will Sound has been committed to performing, commissioning, and recording contemporary music. We have an event-filled year ahead of us with premieres and richly staged performances in Ohio, Missouri, and New York. We look forward to seeing you in the audience!
Your support enables Alarm Will Sound to present engaging performances of music that reflects the contemporary world. And in the spirit of giving, we have some exciting rewards in recognition of your donation. With every donation of $25 or more, donors receive an exclusive AWS recording of David Lang’s Increase. This track is not available for download or purchase anywhere else. Other rewards for giving include:
• $10 or more: An Alarm Will Sound sticker
• $25 or more: The above plus David Lang’s Increase
• $100 or more: The above plus two AWS CDs, including our recently released Modernists CD featuring music of The Beatles, Edgard Varèse, Charles Wuorinen, Wolfgang Rihm, John Orfe, and Augusta Read Thomas
• $150 or more: The above plus an Alarm Will Sound t-shirt
• $250 or more: The above plus a ticket to the Alarm Will Sound concert of your choice
• $500 or more: You’re a True Fan! Receive all of the above plus all AWS CD's released in 2017 upon issue, our exclusive True Fan newsletter, and invitations to special AWS events, meet & greets, and open rehearsals
• $1,000 or more: You make new music happen. Receive everything above plus recognition as a Commissioning Member of Alarm Will Sound
Your tax-deductible donation will help us push ourselves to create ever more boundary-breaking, thought-provoking, and innovative new-music experiences that engage our society and move contemporary performing arts forward. Thank you for your support!
Make checks payable to Alarm Will Sound, Inc. and send to
Alarm Will Sound
c/o Tracy Mendez, Development Manager
124 W 109th Street, Suite 5A
New York, NY 10025
As a growing arts organization, Alarm Will Sound is often in need of professional services. If you would like to offer pro bono legal, financial, marketing, or design services, send an email.
Mike grew up thinking he would be a doctor—his dad, grandpa, and uncles were all involved in biology. He didn’t start taking regular bassoon lessons until he was a sophomore in college, but he quickly realized he was more into music than science. Mike never imagined being in a group like Alarm Will Sound, but he says it’s his most enjoyable playing outlet.
Mike recently earned his DMA from the Eastman School of Music. He currently lives in South Carolina with his wife, Jennifer. It’s rare for musician couples to find jobs in the same city, let alone the same university, but Mike and Jennifer got lucky. They are teaching at the University of South Carolina and just started a flute/bassoon/piano trio along with Steven Aldredge. Mike stays busy with his two girls who seem to admire mom and dad’s musical talent. Ella has taken up the violin and Lucia likes the cello. Maybe a family band in the future?
This is our world premiere performance at the Mizzou International Composers Festival in 2012.
Visit our Soundcloud for more recordings.
The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, Inc.
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
Robert D. Bielecki Foundation
Howard Gilman Foundation
New Music USA
Pacific Harmony Foundation
Sinquefield Charitable Foundation
Andrew Hitz & Lance LaDuke
Chris Van Hof
Dale & Karen Stimpert
Daniel E Lemons
David Tochen & Mary Beth Schiffman
Edward S Pierson
Eileen Shin & Roger Chen
Howard & Marianna Price
Jason Thorpe Buchanan
John E. Parker
John Pickford Richards
Karen Fifer Ferry
Maureen Hurd Hause
Michael F Baccash
Michael Jolkovski PhD
Sandra & Don Freund
Sarah Kirkland Snider
Suzanne Bocanegra & David Lang
Ted C. Fishman
Truman & Beth Bullard