Alarm Will Sound relies on your generous tax-deductible support to create innovative concerts, productions, and recordings of today’s music.
“A fabulous orchestra, capable of wringing emotion and humanity out of places in which it would appear to be non-existent.”
— Pop Matters
Donate By Mail
Make checks payable to Alarm Will Sound, Inc. and send to:
As a growing arts organization, Alarm Will Sound is often in need of professional services. If you would like to offer pro bono legal, financial, marketing, or design services, send an email.
This moment calls Alarm Will Sound to pioneer ways for making and sharing music. While we discover new practices, technologies, and venues to take us beyond this moment, our goals remain the same: to connect with each other and with you through artistic curiosity, invention, and expression.
We launched Video Chat Variations in July to explore the artistic possibilities of the video chat medium, which has become fundamental to human connection during the pandemic. Through the Video Chat Variations project, we’ve continued to collaborate with artists and to create new work together remotely, premiering variations by Meredith Monk and Tyshawn Sorey, with forthcoming variations from David Lang, Rohan Chander, Daniel Neumann, and Jlin. We developed protocols for in-person live performance, touring our outdoor, social-distanced production of John Luther Adams’s Ten Thousand Birds around upstate New York in the summer. We’ve developed technological platforms for musicians to perform live remotely, culminating in a Shenandoah University performance involving 50 musicians streaming in real time from all across the country. Our innovative approaches during the pandemic have been recognized in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and New York Magazine.
We invite you to support Alarm Will Sound by making a tax-deductible donation and help us achieve our goal of raising $25,000 by the end of the year. Your support helps us create ever more boundary-breaking, thought-provoking, and innovative new music experiences that engage our society and move contemporary performing arts forward. May those same values buoy and sustain your spirits in the weeks and months to come. Thank you for being a champion of musical bravery and exploration.
In the spirit of giving, please select which reward you would like to receive in recognition of your donation to Alarm Will Sound:
• $10 or more: An Alarm Will Sound sticker
• $25 or more: The above, plus your choice of one of six exclusive AWS holiday tracks: Misfit Toy by Amy Beth Kirsten (new this year!); Silent Night by Timo Andres; Donde esta Santa Claus by Matt Marks; The First Schmoël by Derek Bermel; Coventry Carol by Anna Clyne; or Aspiciens a Longe by Nico Muhly, not available for download or purchase elsewhere
• $100 or more: The above, plus ALL six exclusive holiday tracks, and a digital download of Splitting Adams, our recording that explores the genesis of John Adams’ Chamber Symphony and Son of Chamber Symphony
• $250 or more: You’re an Alarmist! Receive all of the above plus our exclusive Alarmists newsletter and an Alarm Will Sound t-shirt
• $500 or more: Receive all of the above plus two tickets to the Alarm Will Sound performance of your choice and invitations to special events
• $1,000 or more: The above plus recognition as a Commissioning Supporter of Alarm Will Sound